Tau Chi - Who We Are
The Tri-Ess Chapter
in Houston was first organized in February of 1981 as Tri-Delta with an intial
membership of 14. With the creation of the Gulf Coast Transgender Club, GCTC, in
1986, there was a re-organization and Tau Chi became the Tri-Ess Chapter serving
Southeast Texas. The membership has grown to over 80 with attendance at many
meetings and functions exceeding 25-40.
Tau Chi is a non-profit organization focused on providing support, education
and outreach to single and married heterosexual crossdressers and their spouses,
significant others, families and friends.
We welcome everyone to our internet home. We are NOT an adult site and DO NOT
have any links to adult only sites. Through visiting our home we hope that we
can provide information to educate you on the "gender gifted" crossdresser and
invite you to join Tau Chi, if you meet our membership requirements.
The Tau Chi Chapter Goals:
- To provide a safe, supportive and confidential enviornment for our members
to dress with dignity as women or men.
- To provide our members and their family members with programs and
activities each month that meet their needs for dignity, acceptance, education
- To provide outreach and educational programs to other crossdressers in the
- To provide educational programs for helping professionals with the goal of
acceptance and understanding of the heterosexual crossdresser and the
significant poeple in his/her lives.
Tau Chi Provides:
- a private meeting place where you can dress with dignity while maintaining
- a loving and supportive enviornment to gain understanding and acceptance
of yourself and your gender gifts.
- a place where wives, significant others and family members can meet to
gain understanding and possibly acceptance of your need to crossdress and
cross gender lines.
- the opportunity to go out with other members in public crossdressed to
restaurants, plays and other public places that are supportive.
- speakers and programs to area colleges, schools and progessional groups to
educate them on our "gender gifted" community.
- opportunity to attend conventions such as the annual Holiday Enfemme,
SPICE, Dignity Cruises and other area and national events for crossdressers
and their significant others.
- provide resources to our membership through the quarterly Tri-Ess Mirror,
the monthly Tau Chi Femme Forum, the Tri-Ess and Tau Chi web sites and
referrals to area helping professionals.
If you want more information about Tau Chi or
have an interest in membership, please email us at this